The "What are you playing thread"

Stay awhile and listen...

The "What are you playing thread"

Postby surge » April 5th, 2013, 5:42 pm

CU is 2+ years - Never away, what are you guys playing in the mean time?

Been playing Ace of Spaces and CS:GO
Rerox - 50 Skald • Hiho - 50 Hunter
Surgio - 50 Hero • Ninjaburger - 50 Shadowblade
Gallo - 50 Shaman • Wewox - 50 Warrior
<The Enclave> Nerfedgard/Merlin & Crybernia/Iseult
Mourningrage ThidBlade - 24 SB (there's no place like home!)
surge

Re: The "What are you playing thread"

Postby Umblezi » April 6th, 2013, 5:46 pm

pretty much just wow, main toon is a mistweaver monk that I raid 4-5 times a week on, and a resto shaman in alt raids once or twice a week. wow basically eats all the time I'm prepared to devote to playing computer games, there's guitar to be played and sights to be seen (I've moved over to the UK, currently living in belfast)
Umblezi

Postby Griffith » April 6th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Umblezi wrote:pretty much just wow, main toon is a mistweaver monk that I raid 4-5 times a week on, and a resto shaman in alt raids once or twice a week. wow basically eats all the time I'm prepared to devote to playing computer games, there's guitar to be played and sights to be seen (I've moved over to the UK, currently living in belfast)

You make it sound like that's a casual schedule. That's pretty hardcore!

I am not committed to any multiplayer games as of late, at least not heavily. I'll play some Battlefield 3 or Bad Company 2 with some co-workers in spurts. Usually a couple times during a single week in a month between projects. Other than that I've been playing through the pile of single player games I've had lying around for years.
I messed around in Guild Wars 2 with my gf for a bit earlier this year and it was actually quite enjoyable!
Alas, I didn't find myself in much of an MMO mood though.
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
<The Enclave> Midgard/Merlin - Hibernia/Iseult
Griffith

Postby Gnarli » April 11th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Currently playing Starcraft. HAHAHA. seriously, I like to play a single-player game of Starcraft against the computer once in a while. I think I've done that ohhh, twice, in the last month.. Got totally burned out on the MMORPG time-sink. For now. (All burnout is temporary; I've learned that the hard way). Oh, for anyone who likes the action-RPG genre, I recommend Torchlight 2. Played that for a while, it's on the back burner at the moment but i'll probably spend a little more time on it.
Gnarli

Postby tellerin » April 15th, 2013, 6:19 pm

World of Tanks. I think larao mentioned it a while back when it was still in beta. I signed on and have been plowing through nubs and scrubs ever since. Loaded up guild wars 2 for a little while too but got bored quickly.
tellerin

Postby Laraogord » April 18th, 2013, 11:38 am

I got totally burned out from WoT. I have over 25 tanks and 2 are tier X and most are VIII-IX. Hell I even got the free EVOLVED T-shirt for free for having a Tier X. Let me know your game name and we can platoon up. Mine is Grungemaster.

The last year I reactivated DAoC a few times and cancelled (Larao is now a LGM Armorcrafter as well), played WoT and got into beta World of Warplanes, tried The Secret World and have most recently been playing the ARMA 2 mod Day Z which can be addictive.

I haven't gone back to WoW in well over a year now.

EDIT: How that sounds so much like a WA (World of Warcraft Anonymous) type of statement! LOL!
Laraogord

Postby Griffith » April 18th, 2013, 1:39 pm

and have most recently been playing the ARMA 2 mod Day Z which can be addictive

I played DayZ for months last year with a buddy of mine. I really had some awesome gaming moments in there. But I totally got sick of hackers killing me and taking all my shit. So I figured I'd shelve it until they were closer to release.
Ironically, the last time I had logged in I was loaded down with awesome gear. I just never logged back in, then I read that they had wiped all characters for a major update!

There is something pretty amazing about a game if you're willing to crawl across a field for 15 minutes to avoid a few zombies and have fun doing it. I found some night vision goggles and would log into servers during their night cycle and wreak havoc.
I always enjoyed reading the local chat in Cherno that went something like this...
Player 1: anyone in the church?
Player 2: Yes
Player 1: friendly?
Player 2: Yeah come on in, I've got ammo and food to spare
Player 1: cool! thanks man

Player 1 has been killed.

Player 2: LOL, newb.
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Postby Laraogord » April 20th, 2013, 2:01 am

I play with a few people on a well governed server from hackers. Double Tap out of the UK.
Laraogord

Postby Griffith » April 20th, 2013, 8:45 am

Laraogord wrote:I play with a few people on a well governed server from hackers. Double Tap out of the UK.

I imagine it has improved since I was last playing it. Maybe I'll get it updated and check it out again.

P.S. Vote in the CU poll! I'm gauging interest to plan for an Enclave chapter when the game releases. Plus it might dictate whether I go with a guild oriented pledge tier. GO GO!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Postby Griffith » October 19th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Lara - any further DayZ updates?
Have you tried the DayZ mod for Arma 3 yet?

Tempted to get back into it.

With BF4 on the horizon I know my co-workers and I will be planning to get into BF3 over the holidays to become king of the scrubs!
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Next

Return to General