Enclave Pledge tracker

Official updates & news

Will you be pledging money to support Camelot Unchained?

Yes. This is the MMO I've been waiting for.
67%
Maybe. I'm on the fence about it.
33%
No. This game will never fund and it doesn't interest me.
No votes

Total votes : 6

Enclave Pledge tracker

Postby Griffith » April 12th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Surge and I have made it clear that we're backing Camelot Unchained, though it's tough for me not to notice how little attention this section of the forum is getting!

Very simply...answer in the poll if you have a moment.
For those of you who are unsure or answered "no" I'd be interested to hear why. No judging, just curious. As you may or may not know I'm eager to get The Enclave back together in a game and an RvR centric MMO sounds like the right time to do it. As it stands, it's 2+ years away so it's something doable (barring life changing events) and something to plan for.
I've left the voting open to allow you to change your vote, should you change your mind.

Thanks for your feedback!

EDIT:
To echo some of what Surge said below...
Personally, I have pledged a healthy chunk of change. It was truly the best value in the list for what I'm expecting to get out of this. Ideally, I'd like to see as many of the TE alumni, yes I just said that, join me in CU as possible. 12 years has passed but I'm still very much a gamer. My life is more balanced now (a positive thing), but the thrill of our guild endeavors from the days of yore has never waned. For those of you that might miss the PvE element, I urge you to consider looking at the information on the crafter class. I urge you to look at all of the updates that have been posted to the KS of course. I really believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I may be over sharing a bit here (EDIT to my EDIT: I did end up over sharing, keep reading)...but I believe this is a game that will allow us to relive those memories of hitting the frontier, fully clad in our emblem and colors, and making our mark. The antics displayed in the limited collection of screenshots I've seen in the random screenshots thread, are proof of the fun we had together.

But the game won't happen unless it funds. As Surge said, think of the money spent on games that failed to live up to your expectations. You could spend the same amount on CU and yes, very well end up in that situation. The difference is, if the game funds and meets your expectations, we have a chance to bring something AWESOME back. I hope I don't stand alone in that desire.

This is not a massive software conglomerate after huge subscriber numbers. This is an indie developer who wants nothing more than to make a solid game worth your time and money. I don't know about the rest of you, but years of jumping around to various MMOs has left me bitter. I'm ready to take a chance on a project like this. Most of all, I can't imagine entering this game without a group of TE veterans behind me!
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
<The Enclave> Midgard/Merlin - Hibernia/Iseult
Griffith

Re: Enclave Pledge tracker

Postby surge » April 12th, 2013, 5:14 pm

I've spent more than $25 (which buys you the digital game) on a bunch of shitty games since daoc, and have regretted way more than 50% of those
Hell, I've spent probably more than I care to admit on WoW in game TCG loot cards :)

To me, I'm buying the chance at reliving some of the best memories I've had, hopefully some of you will be there too /sappy-cheese-yet-truth
Rerox - 50 Skald • Hiho - 50 Hunter
Surgio - 50 Hero • Ninjaburger - 50 Shadowblade
Gallo - 50 Shaman • Wewox - 50 Warrior
<The Enclave> Nerfedgard/Merlin & Crybernia/Iseult
Mourningrage ThidBlade - 24 SB (there's no place like home!)
surge

Postby tellerin » April 15th, 2013, 6:25 pm

I voted maybe but it's more a question of "how much" rather than "if". So yah, I'll be phwoaring in game with you my enclave brethren.
tellerin

Postby Griffith » April 16th, 2013, 9:13 am

tellerin wrote:I voted maybe but it's more a question of "how much" rather than "if". So yah, I'll be phwoaring in game with you my enclave brethren.

NICE.
Glad to hear it even if you haven't committed yet. I also hope that there's a few thousand people just like you that will throw their pledge in soon and make this thing happen!
It just wouldn't be the same without you.

WHERE'S THE REST OF YOU? :x
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Postby Umblezi » April 20th, 2013, 9:00 am

I voted maybe, cos I just don't know what will be happening whenever this comes out - getting sort of hard to justify the time needed to put into these mmo's, I have a lot of travelling to do and sights to see in europe and probably the US later too. I'm 40 now too, running out of time :)
Umblezi

Postby Griffith » April 20th, 2013, 9:11 am

Umblezi wrote:I voted maybe, cos I just don't know what will be happening whenever this comes out - getting sort of hard to justify the time needed to put into these mmo's, I have a lot of travelling to do and sights to see in europe and probably the US later too. I'm 40 now too, running out of time :)

Excuses!
This is not a PvE MMO, so the time you might spend grinding mobs and gear don't apply. The "standard MMO" rules are null! No new gear cycle to grind through, no 5-7 night raid schedule. Unlearn what you have learned. We are tainted by years of what an MMO has become.
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Postby Umblezi » April 20th, 2013, 9:24 am

hehe
except you still have to spend a lot of time learning your toon and honing skills so you don't feed rp or whatever to the enemy side

but hey if it doesn't suck too much time I'll definitely be there. maybe even if it does suck a lot of time, I've never been very good with that willpower thing :P
Umblezi

Postby Griffith » April 20th, 2013, 11:56 am

Umblezi wrote:hehe
except you still have to spend a lot of time learning your toon and honing skills so you don't feed rp or whatever to the enemy side

but hey if it doesn't suck too much time I'll definitely be there. maybe even if it does suck a lot of time, I've never been very good with that willpower thing :P

No doubt there's a learning curve and time spent figuring it all out. I'm just saying don't let that deter you entirely!
Antics. ANTICS I TELL YOU!
Must bring back the antics.

Glad you at least come back to make your presence known. I'll take the small wins for now. :P
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Postby Umblezi » April 20th, 2013, 2:06 pm

ok you twisted my arm NO NEED TO PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD BRO

Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Camelot Unchained. Time to tell the world about it!

Pledge amount
$255.00
SURGE WANNABE FOREVER – DIGITAL ONLY
Umblezi

Postby Griffith » April 20th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Umblezi wrote:ok you twisted my arm NO NEED TO PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD BRO

Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Camelot Unchained. Time to tell the world about it!

Pledge amount
$255.00
SURGE WANNABE FOREVER – DIGITAL ONLY

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

awesome stuff!
made my day! :D
Griffith - 50 Thane
Reece - 50 Mentalist
Griffith

Next

Return to Camelot Unchained News